Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, May 14, 2010

Life with a runner

On April 24 Paul and I took a "cruise" on the ferry to Victoria for his race there. We stayed at the Grand Pacific Hotel which was a real treat. The view out our window was of the Parliment buildings. In the evening before the race we walked around Victoria, stopping at our favorite bookstore, Monro's. I had a swim in the hotel pool.

Paul was up early on the day of the race for his morning warm-up; I went down to the dining room and had a piece of toast with tea. More than 13,000 people entered this race; Paul was an elite entry! He finished with a first in his age group. It was fun "people watching" at the finish line.

After the race we went out for a delicious late breakfast at the hotel - much enjoyed by the two of us, and then it was back to the mainland on the Ferry. A very pleasant weekend.


No comments: